The penis is one of the primary sexual organs of a male. Aside from its job in sexual intercourse, it is also a primary organ of the urinary system. This should tell you that its main functions are reproduction and urination.
What do you think now happens when the penis is faulty or doesn’t function as it should? Probably cancer or an accident? You may want to consider penile implantation or penile transplant. These although depend on you.
In this article, because not everyone has the opportunity of getting a transplant, we would be talking about penile implantation and its cost.
As said earlier, the penis is a male organ and it is responsible for the reproduction and urination of the male gender. Penisesare never the same, they vary in length, girth, and appearance and they all include the same anatomy and perform the same functions.
Knowing the anatomy and function of the penis would allow you to understand how important it is for good health. It is why you need to raise an alarm or go for an immediate check-up when you notice any changes or deformities in your penis or that of your spouse.
Many ailments could befall the penis, and they may affect its performance in a way. When you start to notice this, you may require medical attention.
The penis has two main functions which include
- Sexual intercourse
- Micturition (urination)
As a male, when you are aroused, your penis fills up with blood which causes an erection, hence, getting an erection when aroused is dependent on the functionality of the heart. So in cases of heart disease, there may be situations where you may experience erectile dysfunction. When this happens, you need to see a cardiologist and a urologist.
When the penis becomes erect, it becomes right. This rigidity causes you to be able to penetrate your partner and have sex. After ejaculation which follows manual stimulation or sexual activity, the penis retracts or becomes flaccid.
When it plays a role in urination, it is because it has the urethra which allows for the passage of urine from the bladder to the urethral opening, allowing it to expel urine from your body.
This is usually done to manage or treat cases of erectile dysfunction, Peyronie’s disease, ischemic priapism, deformity and any kind of trauma that may have befallen the lenis. It can also be in cases of phalloplasty in men or phalloplasty and metoidioplasty in female-to-male gender reassignment surgeries.
The purpose of a penile implant is to allow a man with erectile dysfunction or any of the above gets an erection. They are highly recommended when treatments for erectile dysfunction fail, with two main types, which are
Are you thinking of getting a penile implant? The first thing you need to know is if it is advantageous to you. All the more reason why you need to consider how much it would cost you.
costo del implante de pene is somewhat expensive and may take a lot from you and research made, it may cost you between $13,000 and $19,000. This cost includes all fees that may be associated with getting the implant.
Let’s answer some of the questions that you may have when you read this article.
- Is a penile implant worth my time? Yes, for you to get the erection you want, they are worth it. And it involves a very short surgical procedure, there is no need to be scared.
- Is the implant surgery safe? In surgeries that have to do with implantation, the main concern is usually to prevent infection. The surgery is safe and the rate at which the implant may get infected is very low.
- Is it painful? Well, mildly, you may experiences moderate to mild pain or soreness for a few days, then after a week or two everything should be normal as long as you stay away from anything strenuous.
- What kind of implant do I need? It all depends on you, and your lifestyle but your doctor would and can help you determine which is best for you, and since there are two types of penile implants, you have two options available to you.
- How long does it last? It may last for about 15 years and some, 20 years.
With all these advantages penile implementation would give you, it is important to know that it is a medical device and therefore is prone to breakage. It’s usually uncommon but when it happens, you only need to undergo a short procedure to fix it.